How to wash technical sportswear
Always check the garment washing instructions prior to washing.
- Machine wash inside-out in cold water (30) with like colours.
- Tumble dry on low heat or air/hang dry (Check item labels).
- Do not use bleach or any product that includes chlorine or peroxide.
- Do not use dryer sheets or fabric softener if the item is technical (Dri-FIT, Vapo Dry).
- Do not dry clean.
Stains and marks
Care for garments promptly. The sooner you pre-treat and launder the stained clothes, the better your results will be.
Don't allow mud or stains to set.
Do not leave wet or dirty jerseys in football or gym bags, where smells and permanent stains can develop.
If a stain is not removed in washing....
- Do not dry it. Dryer heat will set the stain.
- Soak the stain in a pre wash. In the case of severe staining it may be necessary to apply a stain remover directly to the affected area. Then launder again.
- Do not dry a garment until the stain is removed because dryer heat will set the stain.
Once stain is removed launder as per usual custom.
Pre-soak heavy stains
Soak stained items in a plastic bucket or laundry tub with the warmest water safe for the fabric and a good laundry detergent for one to three hours. Sensitive stains should be rinsed in cold water, and then washed with a non-chlorine bleach product.
Used for heavily soiled garments. Run through the pre-wash cycle with the recommended amountof detergent. When wash cycle is complete, drain the pre-wash solution and launder in the hottest water recommended by the manufacturer.